Friday, October 7, 2011

Reflection 5

     Wow there is a huge difference between high school and jr. high.  I was able to observe Tyler Lewis at Maple Mountain High School.  This was a great experience.  I know Tyler and took some classes with him so I think that it is so weird that he is now teaching.  He is a great teacher.  The students in high school seem a little bit more behaved and Tyler was very respected as the teacher.  He was teaching a photo class and instructing the kids in photoshop.  He had them doing an album cover assignment.  This taught them a lot of the basic principles of photoshop.  The whole time he was walking around and helping the students.  I also had the opportunity to help them out.  This was a cool experience.  I was also able to see the morning announcements that Amber made in first period.  The kids really seemed to enjoy the announcements and I got a little taste of the broadcasting side of our major.  I really like the feel of his classroom.  I felt really at home and welcomed.  I feel like he was in charge but very approachable at the same time.  I really like that style or feel that he portrayed in the classroom.  I could also tell that the students loved his class.  Some of the students told me not to be a history or math teacher because they didn't like there teachers.  I thought that was kind of sad but also a compliment to Tyler and his masterful teaching.  A lot to ponder and think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment