Friday, October 28, 2011

Reflection 8

This week I taught the class on STL 14.  Before teaching I went to Geoff to get ideas.  This really helped me think of a good way to teach this standard.  I made a lesson plan and planned out some activities.  I feel that preparation is the key to a good lesson.  By asking Geoff for help it reminded me of something that Gong said.  He said that we need to steal things from other teachers.  I feel that I can learn a lot from talking about and discussing ideas from others.  Massic the welding teacher at Maple Mountain does this same thing.  He collaborates his efforts with the other welding teachers in his district to make sure that they are teaching the same things.  The give out the some of the same tests and share their ideas through google docs.  Teaching is a tough thing and it is great when others can help.
When I taught everything was going great with the activity but I ran out of time.  I need to be more aware of the clock and time management.  I was really excited to teach more about medical technologies and to double teach the principle of innovation.  Well there is one area I need to work on.  Some comments I got were that I still teach like a missionary and need to be more excited.  I need to step up my game and become a better teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment