Friday, September 30, 2011

Reflection 4

     This week was great.  I loved going to AF Jr. High to see Jess teach.  He did a wonderful job.  I can tell that he really loves what he does and he loves teaching the kids.  I felt that he had a more relaxed style than Scott but it was effective like Scott's.  Both experiences taught me a lot.  When Jess taught he walked around a lot and he was really hands on.  He was holding something the entire time which was interesting.  I also liked watching how he would handle a large class in a lab.  The lab is completely different from a classroom.  He had to make sure that they were safe and able to complete their projects.  He did a demo and told a lot of stories and jokes to help them understand.  I really enjoyed it.  I really like how the students were able to relate to him as their teacher but still respect him.
     I am still pondering on what I want to teach, but still how do I decide what I want to teach?  I think that these visits are helping me get a good variety of what is out there and what the possibilities are for me.  Jr high seems to have a lot of variety but you can't go deep into one thing.  The kids are still impressionable and easier to inspire as well in jr. high.  I really feel like I get the most eye opening experiences out of visiting schools.  Each one has been great but different in it's own way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment