Monday, September 5, 2011

Reflection 1

Well this is my first time reflecting on what we have learned in class, in my reading and how everything has gone so far.  This is also my first blog which is also a fun thing.  Thus far in class we have covered what teaching is and what technology is and how important it is.  I feel that learning is a part of our everyday lives weather we want to learn or not we are always learning.  This made me ponder upon what is a teacher?  I feel that a teacher is someone or something that inspires learning or change in someone’s life.  We have things that teach us all the time.  We first start learning from our parents and then our educators.  In looking around in life we also learn from our environment.  We see people doing something and we imitate it.  We learn from our high tech computers and phones today.  Some of these I admit are not the best ways to learn or examples of teachers, but they do inspire learning in my life. 
In the book we are reading The First Days of School How to be an Effective Teacher I have learned a few things about what the contrast is between an effective teacher and an ineffective teacher is.  I really feel that preparedness is the greatest difference in the two.  I love how they can show statistics that prove how crucial an effective teacher is.  I feel also the in the book they give a lot of helpful tips on how to be a good teacher.  I am also getting a vibe that this is a book parsing teachers trying to get them to feel that they are better and in effect convince them they can be a great teacher.  That teaching is all about how we perceive ourselves.   If we think we are great then we are.  Some say that perception is reality and I feel like this book is trying to create the effective perception in order for us to change and be effective in the classroom. 
I feel that teaching is essential to our lives and especially in the gospel.  The greatest teacher to ever live was of course the Savior, Jesus Christ.  I love thinking Him and of the gospel and how selfless Christ was in teaching it.  He knew how to teach so that everyone could understand and be edified in the gospel.  I love this and I hope that I can teach how the Savior did. 
To sum everything up this week I have mostly thought about what a teacher is and how they have affected my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment